Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bad boy,

I was very bad this morning. I did not get up to run as planned. It's too early in my comeback/training to start slacking. The problem (rationalization) was that I am on call today. I just didn't want to get out there and be in the middle of my run and get paged. Then I have to either go to my mother's house or go into work without taking a shower to try and get to a computer. Call stinks!!! I'm glad it's not too frequent. I am going to have to figure out a way to work around it in the future. Guess I'll run tonight, closer to home.

Tomorrow, I start working out with my personal trainer. We have a 6 am appointment. I hope I like her. She did an orientation with me at the gym and I liked her professionalism. She not only wants to help me with the weights but also with nutrition and with my running. Her bio says she specializes in sports-specific training, health and nutrition training, post-rehab training and weight loss. Sounds like she was made for me. Also, she has a degree in kinesiology so she should be able to help improve my ankle, my stride, etc. I'm kind of psyched about this. Cost = $288 for 6 one-hour sessions. Not bad, IMO.

No comments: