Friday, June 23, 2006

1st swim workout (if you want to call it that)

Well, at 9pm, I went down to the pool for some swimming. I did a total of 300 yards. I took it very easy, trying mostly to think about all the little things I was taught earlier this week at my lesson.

I won't go into every lap but basically, I alternated freestyle and breaststroke with a couple 25's of just kicking (with a kick board). I felt pretty good. My main thing is struggling too much. I concentrated much on trying to relax my neck and shoulders and by the last 2 laps, I felt a bit more relaxed. Not as relaxed perhaps as I should be, for sure. But it's progress. I think I just need to spend more time in the pool, trying to find that "smooth groove" that I envy so much in good swimmers.

Off to work. Oh, btw, I love watching Roger Clemems. I don't care if he wins or loses. He's already proven he's a champion. He is just such a competitor. I love wathcing his mind work out there. How he coaches himself. How he just wants to make that infield play. How he rewards his teammates with that fist pump when they make a good play or get him out of a jam. He reminds me so much of the Bird, it's kind of scary. And I don't even like baseball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You so need to come out, you in the closet baseball fan!

Unknown said...

I know who you are anon.