Friday, September 02, 2005

Visit to Koala

After a day of rest, I went this morning to Memorial Park to run. After stretching, I went to my starting point and started my chronograph. After about .1 miles my ankle really did not feel well at all. About a 5 or 6 out of 10 on the pain meter. So, I just walked back to my truck and went back home.

I've been considering going over to Koala Health and Wellness but my podiatrist has insisted that nothing would speed along my recovery except time. I've just always thought that I should have a more structured rehab program but my doc just said, Fly! be free! Just go and do whatever you can tolerate and I'll seeya later. I trust him. Or, did.

I went over there today, to Koala, and had Dr. Rodriquez look at the ankle. She said that I have a lot of scar tissue and swelling that and I need, of course, to do some strengthening. So, they did their thing and set me up for 4 more appointments during the next 2 weeks. One thing Dr. R said was that I should have come in a long time ago. Then by now, I'd be done. Oh, yippee. LOL Anyway, this should really add to my rehab. I'm going to do a short jaunt in the morning and go for another session at Koala in the morning. Then next Tuesday/Thursday and twice the following week. We'll see then how it goes.

Just wanted to give this little report.

1 comment:

Tiggs said...

i bet after a couple weeks of strengthening you'll be way ahead of where you are now. Good on you for going to have them see about it!c