Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Big runner sidelined!!!

At the end of my session this afternoon at Koala, I was informed that I cannot run until they get some more work done on my ankle. I can walk a little for now but not if I have even a moderate amount of pain. Dr. Rodriguez really wants me to avoid a lot of extra stress right now while we're trying to get the swelling down and scar tissue worked out.

That means that running at PIM (Power in Motion) is out of the question. Still, since I'm shooting for perfect attendance, and since I'm looking so forward to meeting Cassie(Tiggs) and seeing some other friends, I'll definitely be there. I will probably do a short walk after things get going. And, hey, Free Water!!! Gotta love that.

I'm still excited that I'm getting this rehab under control and making progress. It sure is good to have a plan and the folks at Koala are the best at getting you back on the road.

vic

1 comment:

Daniel Miranda said...

As runners, we all have our fair share of being sidelined whether by injury or lack of motivation. Taking a break from running due to injuries can be somewhat a hassle for some runners. But on a lighter note, they can use the time to discover other interests.



Daniel Miranda