Thursday, September 29, 2005

Couple of things

After my ankle test yesterday (Wed) AND that good run at PIM AND being on my feet all night at work, I decided to put off my rehab session till Friday morning. I got some good rest today. When I woke up, my first steps felt awesome. Ususally I have to walk around the house a while before I can even stop limping. So, I think the combination of therapy, 3 days of running, a pretty intense motrin regimen (800mg 3x/day, Dr's orders. Really!!!), and of course the cortisone shots have me feeling great. This really gives me clarity to think about my course over the next weeks and months and to really concentrate on my patience, my diet, and purpose for every workout. I think when I'm in pain, all I think about is 'What can I do to get rid of this pain? Rest? Try to walk a little? Maybe a little running? Should I lift weights? Should I or Shouldn't I do calf raises? Yada...Yada...Yada' Now, I can really concentrate on my real goals, to lose this weight, to get into good condition, to run a marathon in 2007, to eat better, that kind of stuff. It's kind of liberating to be rid of that pain for a while. Don't know if that makes sense but those are some thoughts of late.

I'm on my way to Dr. Bob's for a CPR/AED course. I wanted to volunteer some with the HARRA CPR/AED team this year and inquired about it just as courses were forming. I'm really looking forward to it. This also means now that I HAVE TO buy a bike. Yipee!!! I've been waiting for a great excuse.

No comments: