Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm cheered up

I went to the podiatrist this morning for a follow-up and he said I'm doing just fine. He took x-rays and showed me how the bone density was really pregressing well. Also, for the pain I've been having in a couple of places, he gave me 2 steroid shots. He told me that everything I'm going through is normal. Also, he's all for the sports medicine stuff. He encouraged me to continue therapy/rehab at Koala. I'm going Wednesday morning. I asked him if I should take it easy, he said, NO! Just do what you would normally do. Unsolicited, he even offered that running would be GOOD FOR IT!!! WOW, that's not the report I was expecting. I could not have asked for more encouragement. And now, with the shot, I'm pretty much pain-free.

I did have a bit of trouble with my health insurance. Despite the fact that I've gotten steroid injections without pre-authorization in the past, they insisted that I need pre-authorization. So, at first, the office said I needed to make ANOTHER appointment to come back and get the shot. I really didn't know who to be mad at because this really didn't make sense. To save money and manage my care, it was necessary to pay for 2 doctor's visits? Why not just say 'OK' and let me get it done while I'm in the office? Once I found out that the doctor's hands were tied, I got on the phone with the insurance company and got the ball rolling. After an hour and a half, I was approved and I got the shot. It was worth it.

I'm going out for a walk/jog now (7 pm). I'm anxious to see how it feels.

Later

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My doc told me in June to come back in September if my knee problem hasn't gone away. It doesn't hurt too badly, but then, I haven't been running much lately, and the lump is still there. May go in for a cortisone shot...

Tiggs said...

yay Vic!! Awesome news!!