Monday, September 26, 2005

1.3 to start the week

I was able to go out for 1.3 miles at Memorial Park this evening. I ran out from the stretching area at the tennis courts to the little road that leads into the golf course on the east side and back. I did a lot of stretching before and after which is always a good thing.

My ankle just doesn't seem to be doing well at all. I'm really confused as to what's wrong. I don't know if it's just weakness and atrophy or if there's really something wrong with it. Fortunately, I have a post-op visit with my podiatrist tomorrow. I have a lot of questions for him. Also, I'm going to be getting back on track with treatments/rehab at Koala on Wednesday. I'm fearful that I am continuing to spend $$ at Koala and there may be something really wrong with the ankle. I guess I will get this all sorted out tomorrow. I'm going to insist on much more than a cursory exam and a quick in and out, like some doctors do.

It seems our city is getting back to normal. There were sure tons of people at Memorial park. And the gas station on Washington had gas and no lines, just a few people getting gas (normal). Traffic is still light. Cassie, Sarah, Holden, and Edwin are back in town. Haven't heard anything from Jessica or Jen. Hope all is well with them. Later.

1 comment:

Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

i'm back in town and safe. glad to hear you are well also,
-jessica