Thursday, August 18, 2005

Thursday's workout

Much of the same. I'm made some progress since my surgery and am being careful not to get too excited (i.e overdo it and add distance too soon). So, today was much the same as Tuesday. 1.27 miles at TC Jester park in 21:11. That's 16:14 pace, 00:14 quicker than Tuesday (not that it matters :) ) It was sure a lovely night. Nice breeze out. Breeze at my back on the return leg. I must have looked funny talking to myself. Just trying to ensure I'm staying conversational. Here's a link to my route.

I need to think about the rest of the week. I want to end this week ro begin next week with a little longer run, maybe a full 1.5 or even 1.75. Sort of a mini-LSD. I want to have something to cut back to for my shorter runs during the week. I think I'll shoot for 1.75 on Saturday and do 3x1.5 runs next week. Power in Motion (PIM) is looming on the horizon. I'll be right back where I started last year, only about 35 lbs. lighter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah.... grasshopper... patience required to make a full comeback! Slow and steady wins the race! You're doing great. You'll come back on your own time.

As for the talking to yourself. If you answer, then you have a serious problem.

Tiggs said...

ok I've heard Jon and Jess talk about PIM- but what is it? Maybe I can do the fall one too....