Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Thoughts while running

So, during my great workout tonight, I was just thinking and day-dreaming about some stuff. I was thinking about running-related interests...what I like to talk about to my running friends...what I've learned...what I still don't know...how can I contribute to the community...what do I write about on my blog...

I started to think about how I really love to read about physiology and how training affects your body. I've always been one to ask why? when someone tells me to do something. So, they say run slow when you are a beginner. It will make you faster. WHY??? Drink so many ounces of water before and after a run. WHY??? Anaerobic??? Aeorbic??? What does all this mean and WHY???

So, I got to thinking that I'd like to do a series of articles on various exercise/running physiology-related topics. I'd like to reasearch the subject, get different opinions on it, and maybe not even draw any conclusions...just something that could start some discussion or get people to thinking about why we train the way we do. I had this idea that this would be pretty cool coming from a newbie like me. I thought I could really relate to the group I most associate with and want to share this awesome lifestyle with, newbies. So, I'm going to think about it some more and get some feedback, and hopefully, I'll get something going. Also, if Lee Baughman and the Stridelines people are interested, I may ask to publish the article in the Houston Striders newsletter.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

One more thing.. I LOOOOVE the Google Pedometer. I gotta post some routes..

magenpie said...

Hey post when u are done with your research! Sometimes there are so much information on the web, i just don't know which advice is good!

Anonymous said...

Hey...you just make sure you get that physiology right ;)

Unknown said...

YO!!! WHAT'S WITH ALL THE SPAM ALL OF A SUDDEN??? THIS REALLY SUCKS!!! Only thing I can guess is that I posted my blog address on the runnersworld forums. Some bot may have picked up on it. Goodness, I hope it doesn't become a big prob.

vic

Anonymous said...

Hey Vic, great blog. Always enjoy the knowledge that you have and pass on. It sure has helped me form a running plan and stick to it. Nice to see the continue'd progress you are makeing in your comeback.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I took your "about me" photo, what fun! Hope to see you at the races soon, the Striders need your speed!

Cheers, Steve

Unknown said...

Are you making fun of my velocity challenged running? :) I can take it. Look forward to gettin back out there.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog through Jon Walk (blogger-extraordinaire) and his Houstonrunning website. :) Just wanted to drop in and say hi!!

Jen