Saturday, August 13, 2005

C25K - week 2

I'll post later to catch readers up on my ankle reconstruction. But, I've rehab'd enough to start a jog/walk program. The program I am following is from coolrunning.com and is called Couch-to-5K. Funny but it use to be called CouchPotato-to-5K. Guess some people were offended. Anyway, I'm on week 2 of the program. My workout today was

8x90secJog/60secWalk

I know, I know...this isn't what is prescribed by C25K for week 2. I got kind of confused with another beginner's workout from Runners World. Anyway, I did the workout and besides the continued excruciating pain in my ankle and the unbearable heat of mid afternoon, I had a fabulous time. No, really, I am so happy after being so inactive for such a very long time to just get out there and sweat and do something. The pain is bearable.

I only was able to do 2 days so far this week. I'll probably do a week 2 workout on Sunday to finish the week and start week 3 on Tuesday. My goal here is to rehab the ankle enough to be able to start PIM the first week of September.

vic

No comments: