Thursday, July 17, 2008

I must want this

I was up at 5, out the door by 5:20, and almost to the beltway when I realized I have my banana, I have my Garmin, I have my water. I don't have any socks. And I just cleaned out all the socks from my trunk yesterday so I didn't even have a dirty pair to run in. I exited Senate and headed back home, got the socks, got back in the car and headed to the park. By that time, the traffic was really starting to build up and instead of getting to the park a 5:45 like I had planned, I arrived at 6:45. Oh, well. The temps were creeping up as the sun was already well over the trees. Still, it could have been worse and was a lot better than yesterday's 8:30 run.

I really felt good this morning and probably went out too eagerly (fast) because I was ready to start walking half way through my 2nd 10 minute rep. But instead of quitting, I relaxed my shoulders, relaxed my stride (if you want to call it a stride) and just kind of zoned out, trying to get this one done. Mission accomplished. I'm tempted to mention that my pace was about 30 seconds better than any workout the last 2 weeks, but I'm not going to mention that. Of course, it's not about pace, right? It's about the weight loss. Still, looking forward to Saturday, I'd better ease up and keep a consistent effort if I want to do my 25 minute continuous run. That'll be a pretty big deal for me.

The scale continues to move. I'm already at my 2 pound weight loss goal for this week and there are 3 days left. Hope to post another big number on Sunday.

Later

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to say 'yes'. If someone drives 50 miles round trip for a 20 minute run, then um, yeah, thats pretty impressive.

Now I know I said on my blog that I would drive no matter what, or spend whatever (on a running group year round), but I have to say that I MIGHT rethink that if I had to drive that far for a short run :O)

keep up the obvious motivation Vic.

TX Runner Mom said...

Great job on getting out there, even if it was later than you wanted! I've run without socks once and it was the last time. Ouch! Keep up the great work!

Pony and Petey said...

Your dedication strengthens MY dedication!

Thanks, bunches, DUDE!!