Thursday, August 31, 2006

My first adventure

A fun thing happened tonight as a hard choice turned into a fun adventure. As evening approached, I was face with either going to watch 2 hours of kids' soccer practice or go for a run. I really wanted to go to soccer practice but I really wanted to run. Torn between two love's. So, I had a wild idea. I actually ran to soccer practice. DW was already there and I told her I would be over when I got home and changes. Then about 48 minutes later, I pulled into the parking lot, not in my car, but under the power of my own two feet.

I didn't know which route to take. Nothing was planned ahead of time. I just thought I'd run to practice. Simple as that. Had a great time and made it for the last 40 minutes of practice.

All I'll say is it was about 3.2 miles. I averaged under 15:00 min/mile. Very easy effort. It was actually cooler than it has been. Had a blast.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! How 'bout that? Very cool Vic! You made it work - way to go!

Jill said...

Awesome! I just love it when everything works out like that.

Anonymous said...

Vi,
Next time you run to Memorial Park from the house to run at Memorial Park, come by and get me.

Riding on your back will save me running 2 miles.


doug

Tiggs said...

LOL @ Doug---I can beat that! Vic, you can pick me up and carry me the 50 steps my place to the running path! Save me a .2 or so....hehehehe