Wednesday, July 04, 2007

What's with all the negative thoughts?

I woke up this morning feeling G-R-E-A-T!!! I logged on and read what I posted last night. What a downer. Not inspirational at all.

I'm done with that kind of talk. It's time as txrunnergirl says to GET MY MOJO ON!!!

There have been a couple of minor victories lately on the diet front. I came home last night after a tough workout to find that DW had made one of my favorite, most fattening dishes. I don't know what it's called but it's basically a big round croissant ring stuffed with a cheesy, creamy chicken stuffing. No doubt, 90%+ of the calories from the dish are from fat. Anywhooo, I walked right past it and made me the best turkey sandwich I've had in a long time. I had quite a few calories left for the day so I spared no ingredient. I had about 5 slices of turkey, 3 slices of tomato, 2 romaine lettuce leaves and a couple tablespoons of guacamole. Then for dessert, I cut a scrumptious watermelon that a co-worker brought me from the valley. It was by far the best watermelon I've had this season. I was stuffed!!! When I added up the calories and logged everything, it was right around 460 calories. I was more than pleased to feel so satisfied for such a moderate price.

Then, this morning, the fam wanted kolaches. So, they sent dad who's training for a marathon and trying to lose weight to Southern Maid to pick up the scrumptious "fat rolls." I got enough for everyone and returned home, opting for a bowl of crunchy GoLean cereal with skim milk and a few pieces of watermelon.

I'm feeling focused today and motivated. Catherine the Great e-mailed me this morning to see if I needed help planning for today's festivities. Guess she knew after Sunday night's double helping of sausage on a stick that I'm most susceptible to bad decisions during parties, celebrations, and holidays. Especially EATING holidays like July 4th. Fortunately, we don't have a lot of plans for today. I'm on call and DW is working for a few hours. I think my mom and some friends are coming over tonight and they'll probably bring some fried chicken. I can deal with that if I plan ahead. I'm afraid the watermelon that still remains doesn't have a chance past tonight.

I'll be back later to report on my 3 miles. I'll probably get that done when DW returns from work. The rain and clouds have kept things relatively cool so and afternoon run may not be too unbearable. Amazingly, it's only 75 degrees right now here in Fairfield. Can't beat that.

2 comments:

J~Mom said...

You sound just like me...I do fine at home in a normal routine but put me in a party with friends, family and food and uh oh. I guess I am a social eater. Tonight shouldn't be too bad, we are just having hot dogs with some sides. :>)

GREAT job on your choices yesterday.

Unknown said...

Wooohoo, Vic's got his mojo! :-) We must be on the same wavelength, because I have been doing really well with my eating this week too...even with the holiday!