Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Momma Matt told me there'd be days like this

Last time I visited the best barber shop in town, I remember Matt telling me about a day in the near future where I would feel pretty good and go out for a run. Then after about a mile, I would just feel like I couldn't take another step. My strength would be zapped and I would just walk back to the car and go home.

Well, Matt, I got 3 miles tonight and felt like that. Completely zapped. And what's wierd is I was kind of pumped up going into tonight's run. I mean my legs felt good. My tummy was feeling good. Stretching was great! I felt strong. Then WHAM!!! I just packed it in. Walked a lot of mile 3 but finished it anyway.

I'm not gonna try and figure out what's going on. It's really no big deal. One thing is that it's real easy after doing longer runs to blow off 16.5 like it's JUST 16.5 miles. But 16.5 miles is a long way. So, I'm probably still feeling the effects of that run on Saturday. Plus, yesterday was Christmas and I ate my share of bad food including more sweets than I've probably eaten the whole month. So, I was draggin a bit tonight.

I've eaten well today, though so we'll see what tomorrow's 8 miler brings. I owed 2 miles anyway so I'll give it back to tonight's run and call it 5. :o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

After runs like that, it is time to go watch "Rudy" again!!

ps - Was I the only one who cryed in "Rocky Balboa"?? You know, that real tear-jerker part where Rocky almost falls down for the last time but he reminds himself of his own advice that he just gave "the kid" earlier.

Anonymous said...

Vic, some folks were clearly feeling it last night at the SMARTie workout, others were fine. As for Rocky B, I didn't cry, Baaarb didn't cry, but it gets a thumbs up as holiday entertainment.

Steeeve

L*I*S*A said...

Chalk it up to a mediocre run and leave it at that. We all have 'em, and I find it's best not to dwell on it. You know you have it in you to do it any day of the week. Just a bump in the road of running. :)

Anonymous said...

We have good runs; we have not-so-good runs. This was one of them. Nothing to worry about. We move on down the road.

TX Runner Mom said...

I've had those days too, only to get back out there the next day and have a great run. It just happens!

Junie B said...

eh, not a big deal and you know it. when you do the 8 no problem you'll laugh at that silly 3!

Anonymous said...

One run does not make you a runner and one bad run does not make you less of a runner. Way to be honest with yourself Vic. Run on my friend run on.
Matt W........

J~Mom said...

Ack, you know I had my own bad run! I know you are already back on your feet though. Sorry about the run!