Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday morning 10/23

Another 7x(1R/2W), pain-free run. An awesome thing was that my daughter joined me and had a great time. She's kind of getting interested in running for a few reasons. One, she was able to meet Jon's daughter, W, last week at the 20K and found out that she runs and is training for a half-marathon. S thinks that's cool. Also, S participated in a program put on by City of Houston through the HISA Physical Ed programs at the local schools called marathonkids. I'll report on this in anohter post but briefly, it's a program where kids run a marathon a little bit (.25 miles or a bit more) at a time until they've run an entire marathon. It was a cool celebration Saturday morning and I'm looking forward later today to reporting on it.

Also, I'm adding 600m (1.5 laps at the Rice U track) to my weekly mileage. I ran this yesterday with S at marathonkids. I wouldn't mention this little more than a quarter mile but it's significant in that it was a continuous run and the longest continuous run for me in a long, long time. Sad but true.

So the unimpressive but encouraging (for me) and pain-free stats are:

Distance: 1.3 miles
Run: 7x(1R/2W)
Temp: 75 deg
Weekly distance so far: 6.5 miles

6 comments:

Steve Bezner said...

Thanks great that you've gotten your daughter involved. My daughter ran a 1 mile with me in a 5k and I think that was it for her. I think too much to quick. Perhaps I should bring her along when I volunteer to do an aid station, so she could see there's more to this sport.

Unknown said...

Yes, I have the luxury of not being fast at all and also not being able to run very far (yet). So, it's ideal time to run with other beginners.

Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

WAY to go, Vic! keep it up!

Tiggs said...

sweet Vic!!! Tha's awesome that your taking your daughter along. Good dad-kid time and a workout in too! :)

Unknown said...

I vaguely remember pain-free running.
Rock on Vic!
Keith.

jen said...

Yay, Vic! Pain-free is always good. Your daughter is lucky to be able to run with her dad. :)