Monday, October 10, 2005

Sounds like everybody had a great weekend

Man, it was great to read all the posts after this weekend. I know everyone was getting so frustrated with the heat. After so many months, I think it was about to drive just about everyone to the edge. Just in time, before we all ended up in the running looney bin, we had some great weather this weekend. And it was evidenced in runs and races. Here are a few notable quotables:

Lisa wrote 'I have NEVER felt so strong at the end' about her 21-mile training run this weekend. Great confidence builder after her hard gutsy effort at the Space City 10-miler last week.

Joe commented jokingly that he didn't run on Saturday because 'It was too cold!' Very funny, Joe.

Cassie 'almost forgot what cool weather feels like.'

Holden set an awesome 5K PR at the Run the Woodlands 5K on Saturday. Way to go, Holden!!!

Sarah was finally able to get off the dreadmill. She said her run 'was better than in months' and 'I went farther than I've gone since spring.'

Jen's run was 'one of the best I've had in a long time.'

So, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the year and hearing all the great race reports, training runs, cross-training, and how bitterly cold everyone is. :)

HAPPY WADDLING!!!

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sam!!!

2 comments:

Tiggs said...

cool post!!!

equarles said...

Hey, what about me? I won some hardware and had a 3 hour, 15 minute run.