Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Let's talk training

Focusing like a LASER BEAM on what's important and how to get to the start of marathon training healthy and with a good base, I've been planning my training from this week all the way through the middle of July. I basically followed just a couple of guidelines when I wrote this out. One, I planned a VERY gradual weekly mileage increase over the next 15 weeks. Also, once PIM is over, I put in a cutback week every 4th week or so. And finally, I haven't planned any racing or any hard running. All easy runs and long runs. Depending on how it's going, I may throw in a 5K or two somewhere to use as a gauge of where I am. I wonder when the Heights run is.

Anywho, I'll post what I've got. It's not what I normally see from other runners. It's not ambitious. :) I think though that it's smart and takes into account that I am in effect a new runner, or one starting from scratch anyway. If you don't mind, give it a once over and tell me what you think.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Heights 5K is on June 6th. http://www.houstonheights.org/funrun.htm