Monday, February 19, 2007

This week on Run4YourLife

Last week's planned 37 mile week turned into a 24 mile week for a lot of silly reasons. Still, it wasn't a bad week. I had a great sub-13 m/mi 7 miler on Tuesday and a very decent long run on Saturday that I'm very pleased with. Plus, 24 is still my highest weekly mileage since the marathon so I still feel like I'm going forward. The exra rest on Wednesday and Thursday did me good I think as I was feeling just a bit dinged up.

I started this week in good fashion this morning with an easy 3 miler at Memorial Park. The weather continues to be perfect and I banged out 3 at average 13:50 pace. I classify this as a recovery run so nothing too hard. I really felt in the groove just as I was nearing mile 3. I looked at my watch and realized that it was getting late. Again, I got a late start. I'm getting way too civilized! So, I unashamedly gave that 4th mile back to the running gods, never to be seen again.

The plan for the rest of the week calls for some major, early AM incivility.

Monday - 3 mile recovery run
Tuesday - 7 miles easy (crack of dawn due to evening obligations)
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - 7 miles easy
Friday - 15 mile LSD (so crack of dawn it could almost be counted with Thursday's miles)
Saturday - Rest or cross
Sunday - 4 miles recovery
Total miles for week ending 2/25 - 36 miles

Friday is going to be very uncivilized, trying to get 15 miles in before work starts at 8 am. I'm on call this weekend so I don't want to gamble on trying to get my long run in on Saturday or Sunday morning. It'll take me between 3:30 and 3:45 so that means I need to start around 3 am. Crap, that's just stupid. It's the only thing I don't like about my job, being on call. I may be able to have someone cover for me until 9 or 10 so that I don't have to start my run so early. We'll see.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

3:00 AM - that my friend is some dedication if I ever saw it.

IronWaddler said...

Looks like a great plan. Rock on.

J~Mom said...

Great plan!! You can do it!!

Anonymous said...

Vic, with the rite ammount of chocolate milk you can acomplish your week. Lowfat of course. Matt W.....

Pat said...

3 am? wow! You are the man. And I complain if I have to get up at 5 am, let alone start running then.

Pat
Arizona, USA

SRR said...

"In good fashion..." Silly rabbit thought you meant clothes, not running!!

L*I*S*A said...

WOW...I thought getting up at 5am to put in an hour on the treadmill was early. You are the MAN!!