Saturday, September 23, 2006

Runs with toys!!

Maybe you've heard of Runs With Scissors. Well, as of yesterday, I'm Runs With Toys. Mr. Toys has a new toy as you may already know if you've read Bill's blog this morning. Thanks for stealing my thunder, dude! Just kidding. Anyway, I'm really going to be in trouble for this one. DW is out of town until later on today so I have a short reprieve. So, what is this new toy? Well...

Ta Da!!! Finally, I broke down and got one. My dreams have come true. Never again will I wonder on a new course how far I've gone and how far I have left. It's a very cool toy. Now, I just need to figure out how to use it. Oh, btw, on the Tour de Art, I don't think I lost the signal one time, even running downtown amongst all the tall buildings. Of course, I haven't even read the instructions so I have no idea what it would even do if it lost the signal. I guess it beeps at you. Bill said that the unit would flash a prompt "Lost Signal" if it does and that never happened. I'll have to run a known distance to compare in order to have total confidence. Hey, for the price, it had better make my toast and pour my coffee as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTG! I have lost signal exactly once and I got my 301 last December so I give 'em 2 thumbs up.

Just a couple of thoughts...I personally prefer MotionBased's site (I think they're now owned by Garmin anyway) because it will give you more stats than there are bats in Houston. SportTracks is another one that syncs with Garmins and it's also good.

Junie B said...

i guess mine loses so much signal down there because its the CHEAP version!!

Unknown said...

It's not that yours is the CHEAP version. I think it was the same price as the 305 before the 205/305 came out. I think that was the major complaint with the old models, losing signal. So the new models have a "hyper-sensitive" receiver that picks up the signal better.

Jenny said...

Very nice Vic, I'm seriously jealous :-) Once I get myself a job this is up at the top of my list of things to buy... not that I really need one on the treadmill! lol

TX Runner Mom said...

Congrats on your purchase! I can't wait to hear how you like it. I have been thinking more and more about buying one, but I am seriously way too cheap! Maybe Santa will bring me one.