Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Great news!!! I've had the flu!

I was very ill over the past week and am recovering from either the flu or a really bad cold. The reason this is good news is that I seem to have kind of broken some bad eating habits. Over the past week, I've lost about 8 lbs. too.

Now I'm not naive enough to think that this is the norm in just a week but I am still encouraged that this is the only weight loss I've experienced in many months. So, I want to keep it off and continue to lose more.

My walking regimen has been going so-so. The great thing is that my ankle has felt pretty well. I'm soooooooo weak, though and am going to be very careful building back all the musculoskeletal structure that has not been used in sooo long. I'm walking about 25 minutes at at time now so that's good.

I need to get such more serious about my fitness but am starting to have a better attitude and starting to get more and more motivated.

2 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

Great news to hear! Congratulations!

Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

sorry to hear you were sick. hope to see you at another race soon though...you look good in the AER yellow:)
-Jessica