Thursday, March 16, 2006

Started a walking regimen!!

I started a walking program this week and thought I would start posting my progress. First of all, let me show you the program. It can be found at this web site. It is a 12-week, complete beginner program. My hope is that one day, at about mile 20 of my first marathon, I'll be able to think back to the day I started by walking 15 minutes. Man, this really king of takes starting out slowly to a whole new level but I think given my recent weight gain (about 35 lbs.) and my not so recent ankle surgery/recovery, this is the way to go.

Regarding weight loss, I am continuing to struggle with my diet. It really is just a concious decision. Of course, it was easier when I was working out like a dog but since my running is ix-nay, I MUST cut my calories drastically to be a big loser. Wifey-poo has made a recent commitment to join me with helping the family eat better so that will make a big difference.

So, here are the stats today.

Walk: 15 minutes. Stretching: 2 min before/none after (must do better)

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey, at least you are trying. That is more than some people do. Good luck.

Unknown said...

I agree with the article where it says "consistency is key to something or other" My schedule is very steady now, and it helps me keep up with running and dieting.

Good Luck Vic.
Rock on.

WalkSports.com said...

I was reloading my bloglines and it's good to hear from you again!

Tiggs said...

Vic- I look forward to frequent posting (hint, hint) and the opportunity to cheer for you!! Glad to see you back out and about!

equarles said...

good to hear from you. I'm with ya in spirit.

Junie B said...

good luck!

i have upped my goal from 1/2 marathon in jan07 to a full...might take me 6 hours, but i dont care!!

equarles said...

How's it going?

Word verification was hogmeb. Cool!
Dang, I'm turning into Keith. Help