Tuesday, January 17, 2006

WARNING!!!

I've had a couple of friends tell me that they have F-150's that are affected by the recall. All I can say is GET IT TAKE CARE OF IMMEDIATELY!!!

I've never been one to take recalls very seriously. I always think I'll just get it taken care of the next time it's in the shop. Well, the pictures below speak to me and should yell to all others out there. TAKE IT IN!!!

Most importantly, until you can get into the shop to get it taken care of, DO NOT park your truck near your house or near your other vehicles. This fire did not happen while the truck was running. I was in someone's house for almost 1.5 hours before it spontaneously ignited. And by the time I got out to the street, it was already engulfed in flames

Finally, don't keep any valuables in your truck, just in case

5 comments:

Sam said...

Wow...those pictures were a little on the scary side. That's amazing, and very thankful that you weren't driving it when that happened.

Amazing is all that comes to mind.

David said...

That's bizarre enough to be an urban legend, but true-- I saw it on a couple of Ford sites. I've got a 1997 F-150 with 120K miles...may be on it's last legs but not ready to put it to pasture yet -- or see it burn -- will check this out! Hope yours was insured.

equarles said...

Vic,
Where are you? How are you?

eq

Tiggs said...

Vic- where the heck are you?

equarles said...

okay....really where are you? shoot me an email or something.