Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Here's what happened....

Some friends and I signed up for a cooking class on Saturday morning through Leisure Learning Unlimited. I arrived at the class on time at 9 AM. The class was at a woman's house so we were all parked in the street around her house in this residential area. At around 10:15, someone was banging on the window yelling, "Someone's truck in on fire!" We all ran out and it was my truck that was on fire. It just spontaneously burst into flames.

Yes, Lisa, this was one of the Ford trucks that was affected by the recall. I was taking off work this week and this was one of the things I was going to take care of. (I also needed new tires but I guess I won't have to bother with that this week.

No one was hurt. The only thing of value that was in the truck was about $7,000 worth of software that a friend of mine had given me...stuff he was no longer using...development stuff. Also some books, a shirt, a child seat, a coffee cup...really no big deal

Hopefully my insurance company will pay me the value of the car and I'll be looking for something else soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're okay, Vic.
Very scary.

Keith.

Steve Bezner said...

Yikes! I better go get my that taken care of on my Truck! I have a F-150.

Sorry to hear about that Vic. Let us know about your new ride!

Unknown said...

Steve, you have an F-150 that has been recalled? Trust me. I've never taken recalls very seriously. You think, that one-in-a-milion! It doesn't affect my vehicle! WRONG!!! Get it taken care of. Until you do, DO NOT park your truck near the house or near your other vehicles.

Sarah said...

Wow. That is a crazy story Vic -- glad you're ok!!